Thank you for your interest in presenting at the IABC Canada West Conference, presented by McMaster-Syracuse MCM, taking place in Kelowna, BC from October 22-24, 2017. The focus of the conference is on elevating our careers, our game, our influence and our impact.
We’ve taken a page out of IABC International’s playbook and our sessions will focus on five tracks:
- Communication skills: Skill-based knowledge, such as technical and social media skills, measurement techniques, planning, writing, photography/visuals, design and presenting
- Leadership and strategy: Dialogue and techniques that position communication as a high-value function, enable communicators to facilitate and foster relationships, build leadership skills and empower communicators to better support business goals
- Marketing and brand: Insights and expertise on marketing to support sales and branding as an expression of the value of an organization, product or service
- Reputation: Guidance on interpreting perceptions, values and connections that stakeholders have toward an organization, incorporating social responsibility and employing strategies for preparing for, and dealing with, a crisis
- Employee engagement: Case studies, analysis and best practices that help to ensure employee behaviors that support organizational goals and demonstrate above-and-beyond commitment
We are looking for presentation proposals for these five tracks. For more information on our audience and our conference, see the ‘Conference Background’ section in the Call for Presentations document downloadable from this page.
The deadline for speaker proposals for the IABC Canada West Region Conference is February 24, 2017. Please review the requirements before submitting a proposal.
TO SUBMIT: Please download our call for presentations document for details and instructions.
(the document will download and open in a new screen)