The Canada Western Region is committed to providing leadership development opportunities for our board leaders.
This is accomplished through:
- Supporting an annual Dare to Lead conference for incoming board members from all regional chapters
- Conducting portfolio calls for key board functions to share ideas and best practices with other board colleagues across the region
- Encouraging best practices sharing across the region
- Archiving presentations to be used for chapter board development
- Collecting best practice samples for chapter management
Dare to Lead
Dare to Lead is IABC/Canada West’s annual training conference for incoming chapter leaders, and is hosted by the six chapters in rotation. In addition to providing speakers and resources for the conference, IABC/Canada West provides grant money so each chapter in the region can send delegates to the conference.
2018 DARE TO LEAD Conference
LEARN FROM THE BEST • BUILD YOUR LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL • GROW YOUR NETWORK
Ramada Hotel, Regina, Sask.
Integrity + Innovation • Influence + Impact • Ideas + Inspiration
For conference schedule, speakers, accommodation and registration information visit http://www.iabcregina.ca/d2l2018
Chapter Leadership Development Teleconferences
Join us for interactive discussions that will provide your chapter leaders with useful information, connections and discussions that will make your leadership role more effective, and ultimately more satisfying.
All calls will take place from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Saskatchewan time; 12:30 p.m. B.C., 1:30 p.m. Alberta, and 1:30 p.m. Manitoba.
Put these dates in your calendar, and contact Leadership Development Director Ivan Muzychka for login details. All are welcome.
Monday, April 16, 2018 – How to Effectively Recruit Senior IABC Members to Chapter Activities
Monday, May 14, 2018 – Recruiting, Mentoring, Developing and Retaining Volunteers
Monday, June 4, 2018 – TBA
Monday, June 25, 2018 – TBA