The Canada Western Region is committed to providing leadership development opportunities for our board leaders.
This is accomplished through:
- Supporting an annual Dare to Lead conference for incoming board members from all regional chapters
- Conducting portfolio calls for key board functions to share ideas and best practices with other board colleagues across the region
- Encouraging best practices sharing across the region
- Archiving presentations to be used for chapter board development
- Collecting best practice samples for chapter management
Dare to Lead
Dare to Lead is IABC/Canada West’s annual training conference for incoming chapter leaders, and is hosted by the six chapters in rotation. In addition to providing speakers and resources for the conference, IABC/Canada West provides grant money so each chapter in the region can send delegates to the conference.
Chapter Leadership Development Teleconferences
Join us for interactive discussions that will provide your chapter leaders with useful information, connections and discussions that will make your leadership role more effective, and ultimately more satisfying.
Upcoming Chapter Leadership Calls
Canada West Region hosts a series of calls for Chapter Leaders to share best practices and increase their knowledge around key topics for their board terms. Details of upcoming calls are listed below. To receive the dial in details for the calls, or to receive updates and invitations to future calls, contact Ivan Muzychka, Leadership Development Director via email.