Tips on How to Prepare a Master Communicator Nomination
Tips for preparing a Master Communicator nomination Extensive documentation is required to demonstrate that the nominee has the qualifications to be named a Master Communicator. The standard is very high. A successful nomination tells the story of a communicator who has demonstrated excellence in his or her professional work, outstanding service to and leadership in IABC, contribution to and long-term support for the communication profession, and thought leadership.
The completed nomination form must be included.
Master Communicator Nomination Submission form
The nominee must review the submission for accuracy and sign the nomination form.
The selection committee will use the Selection Criteria for its deliberations. For best results, try to organize the supporting materials to mirror the five categories shown of the Master Communicator Selection Criteria.
Include as much relevant documentation as possible in each category. Things you may include:
- Up-to-date resume or biography to show career achievement
- News clippings about person’s success, activities
- List of awards and honors received (include name of award, date, and achievement)
- List of ongoing professional development activities
- List of articles published, speeches/presentations given, etc. on communications topics (include date and topic)
- List of contributions to IABC on projects, committees, or boards (include roles and dates)
- Letters of support or endorsement from IABC leaders, current or former bosses, community leaders, etc.
- List of other business or community volunteer activities, achievements, and honours
- Any other relevant documentation that you feel will assist the committee with its assessment (according to the five selection criteria listed below)
The material should be presented in a factual, business-like way, without hyperbole, embellishment or emotion. Convince the Selection Committee with facts and achievements.
Assemble all the pieces into a package (single document) and/or scan them as a single pdf document for emailing to the Chair of the Selection Committee.
Be sure to email one high-resolution photo (portrait) of the nominee along with the nomination package.