To protect the integrity of the Silver Leaf Awards program, all entries are judged by qualified IABC evaluators. The following criteria are used:To protect the integrity of the Silver Leaf Awards program, all entries are judged by qualified IABC evaluators. The following criteria are used:
|Division||Work Plan||Work Sample|
|Communication Research Management||50%||50%|
|Communication Training and Education||50%||50%|
Judges evaluate entries on a 7-point scale with zero being the lowest score and 7 being the highest. An entry is considered to be competent if it scores at least 4. Entries must receive 5.12-5.49 to receive a Merit award. Entries scoring more than 5.5 receive an Award of Excellence. We’ve modeled the Silver Leaf evaluation forms after the ones used for the IABC Gold Quill Awards. Find the form Evaluation Management Sample Form. 2015 Evaluation Criteria Entries are evaluated against international standards set by the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC). Your entry will be disqualified if:
- Either the entry fee or the entry is received after the final deadline.
- Payment is insufficient for the total number of entries.
- Your entry includes mainly syndicated, borrowed, reprinted or stock material.
- Your entry is the work of another person and you had no direct involvement.
- The work plan exceeds the stated length limits.
- The entry form is incomplete or inaccurate.
- The work plan was not completed and in use between January 1, 2013, and August 7, 2015, unless the entry spans multiple years or has not be previously evaluated.
- Electronic files contain viruses, if they disable or require disabling of any part of the computer system used during evaluation, or if evaluators cannot view work samples using the instructions provided.
- Maximum file size is 2 GB.
- Work sample is larger than100 pages.
Marks of a winner Want to know what evaluators are looking for when they judge an entry? The Midas Touch: How to Prepare a Silver Leaf Award Entry guides entry preparation from apples to zippers. Check your work against the criteria before you submit. You might also refer to the never before published tips and insights called How to Create an IABC Awards Entry in 24 Hours.