Each year, IABC Canada West Region hosts Dare to Lead (D2L) – a two-day conference bringing together 60-80 board leaders from six IABC chapters (BC, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina and Manitoba) from four western provinces. New in 2022, leaders from the IABC Canada East chapters are also joining in on the fun!
Chapter leaders join professional development presentations and participate in interactive sessions to build and strengthen leadership capacity and gain board governance skills while learning innovative practices and trends to apply to their roles on the board.
The biggest and often most-valued takeaway from Dare to Lead is the connections you will make with your IABC leadership peers from across the region. Building connections will serve you both as a leader on your board and in your professional journey.
Reconnect & Reignite in Winnipeg Sept. 23-25
This year’s Dare to Lead conference will take place in person, in the heart of the continent – Winnipeg, MB!
It’s time to RECONNECT board leaders in person and REIGNITE your passion to:
- Engage our IABC members
- Learn from industry experts and each other
- Share ideas
- Inspire one another
- Lead our chapters
You’ll hear from seasoned leaders, gain inspiration, and leave energized and equipped for leadership excellence.
What to look forward to
- 3 days of keynote and concurrent sessions
- Portfolio-specific breakout sessions
- Networking and building connections with leaders across the region
- Friendly Manitoba team-building activity
- Ask Me Anything Panel – ask regional board leaders anything your heart desires
Main Conference Venue: The Fort Garry Hotel
Other Dare to Lead activities
- Friday Night Mixer: Located within walking distance of The Fort Garry Hotel, The Canadian Museum for Human Rights is the first museum solely dedicated to the evolution, celebration, and future of human rights. Get a taste of the museum at our Friday night welcome reception.
- Saturday Team Building Activity: The Forks is where the Red and Assiniboine rivers meet and has been a gathering place for 6,000 years. Across 54 beautiful acres, you’ll find a bustling central market, diverse dining options, and treelined paths overlooking all the bends in the riverbank. You’ll have the opportunity to explore The Forks during the team-building activity.
- Dare to Lead Dine Around (Saturday): The Dine Around is a long-standing IABC tradition. It is a way to showcase local restaurants
and make new connections. Each restaurant will have a local D2L attendee as your dinner host. They will guide you to the restaurant, show you some local hospitality, and ensure you have a good time! Check out the available restaurants.
Visit Tourism Winnipeg for information on everything to see and do in Winnipeg.
Thank you to our sponsors