Canada’s PR industry releases first comprehensive diversity & inclusion survey
May 31, 2021
This comprehensive survey of Canadian communication professionals conducted by Leger, shows that that a large majority of communications professionals credit their employers with creating “inclusive, positive environments”. However, despite the finding that our profession is diverse, both racial and gender diversity decline sharply at the executive level. We can do better.
The IABC Canada East board of directors thanks the IABC Toronto team for its leadership on this important research project. We also thank all our members
who participated in the survey and shared their experiences to help us build a stronger, more diverse profession.
Along with the Canadian Council of Public Relations Firms (CCPRF) and the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) we at IABC Canada East pledge to continue this work, internally and in collaboration with one another, to
- increase the diversity in the profession at all levels,
- barriers to the advancement of BIPoC professionals,
- improve the inclusion experience of employees and members,
- provide ongoing training and education to professionals, and
- advocate for greater diversity, equity and inclusion in our employers and organizations.