Seeking Program Advisory Committee Members for 2023 Canada West Conference
March 21, 2023
IABC Canada West Conference is a conference held biennially for communicators to come together to focus on professional development and strategic planning. In 2023, Kelowna will host around 200 Communicators from across the Canada Western Region. We are looking for a few enthusiastic people to join our volunteer Program Advisory Committee (PAC).
Experience: Some experience with communications & events.
Time Commitment: 3-month commitment (April – June 2023); 2 hours/month
Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
The role of the PAC is to advise the Canada West Region executive/board and the
conference organizer/chair on:
1. Established tracks of sessions as set out and tested by International
2. Content trends and best practices from across Canada and abroad
3. Specific speaker suggestions and leads as per the above
The Committee will be comprised of 8-12 members from across Western Canada and beyond with conference experience/expertise and/or who are opinion leaders and/or trends experts. IABC membership or CWR conference attendance/speaker experience preferred, but not required. Diverse voices, including those from under-represented groups, will be prioritized and invited to join.
The PAC will meet virtually once per monthly. Email correspondence will be used in between as necessary.
Benefits of volunteering
• 10 CMP/SCMP volunteer points for committee participation, plus up to 20 points for conference attendance
• Register at 2019 early bird member rate at any time
• Gain event planning, project management and leadership experience.
• Work with a dedicated and enthusiastic team to coordinate one of IABC’s signature events.
• Build connections with a great volunteer team and IABC members from across Canada Western Region.
Respond by emailing your resume to Dana Higgins, 2023 PAC Co-Chair, dana.Higgins.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to register: March 31 (or when position is filled)
Priority will be given to volunteer applicants that are also IABC members, however non-members
will be considered based on experience and fit.