ABOUT CWR REGIONAL CONFERENCE
The IABC Canada West Region (CWR) Board is seeking a qualified senior communications professional (or two) for the role of CWR Conference Chair (or Co-Chairs) for the 2023 IABC Western Canada Conference. This is a volunteer role that reports to Vice Chair of the CWR Board and is accountable to the CWR Board.
Held biennially in October, the IABC CWR Regional Conference, is a unique professional development opportunity for Canada’s communicators to stay current, sharpen their skills and learn from world-class speakers. It is also an opportunity to celebrate excellence, expand our networks and deepen our relationships.
The 2023 conference will be held in Kelowna, BC. This event is a partnership with Swansea Communications, who provide continuity, venue management, sponsorship fulfillment, event and speaker logistics.
ABOUT THE ROLE OF CHAIR/co-Chair
This high-profile leadership role is a fantastic resume-boosting opportunity to lead a significant national event and a team of professional communicators, highlight your capabilities and give back to the communications community. You will also build valuable connections and expand your network with thought leaders and communicators across. The role of Chair/co-Chair is open to any member(s) in good standing, including members-at-large. Your committee will likely draw on people from across the region.
The Chair/co-Chair’s main responsibilities are:
- Work with Swansea Communications to project-manage the event
- Establish the theme and direction
- Manage the conference budget
- Establish and oversee the Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Recruit and manage a team of volunteers
- Create a communications and marketing plan
- Direct implementation and manage hospitality.
- Senior communications professional with 10+ years experience
- Excellent strategic planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Project management experience with the ability to prioritize multiple and concurrent activities effectively.
- Ability to establish and manage budgets
- Broad knowledge of communication profession and emerging trends
- Leadership experience managing teams, delegating work and building teams
- Superior collaboration and communication skills
- Track record of dependably delivering quality initiatives on-time and on budget
- An IABC ambassador and member in good standing with previous IABC volunteer experience at the local, regional or International level
- ABC, CMP, SCMP designation an asset
This is a volunteer commitment from January to November 2023 that may require up to 40 hours/month (estimated, these hours may vary leading up to the event). All applicants must be available for the Conference dates in October 2023 (dates TBD).
Please send your expression of interest, together with your resume highlighting your professional and volunteer experience to IABC Canada West Region Vice-Chair Richard Kies, ABC by December 31, 2022 at email@example.com