We’re looking for a D2L 2023 Conference Chair
March 10, 2023
Looking to dust off your resume and add conference planner extraordinaire to the mix?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring communications leader to spearhead a one day Dare to Lead 2023 – host city Kelowna. Dare to Lead is IABC Canada West Region’s primary conference for chapter leaders to connect and focus on leadership development, strategic planning and build their IABC peer network. In 2023, D2L will be held on October 20th and 21st, prior to the IABC Canada West Regional Conference.
Experience: Leadership and project management, event planning and communications
Time Commitment: 8-month commitment (March to November 2023); five hours per week (estimated, hours may incrementally increase leading up to the event).
- Act as the main liaison and contact with various stakeholders, including regular communication with CWR director, leadership development and other team members
- Work with the CWR Western Conference committee to coordinate sessions and presenter(s)
- Work with communications lead to provide promotional information
- Coordinate and steward partnership/sponsorship program with CWR Western Conference committee
- Recruit volunteers and lead the conference planning committee and its meetings
- Brainstorm creative and fun ‘ice breaker’ activities for participants
- Once the slate of presenters is confirmed, arrange all details and create conference schedule (submit to director, leadership development for CWR approval).
- Determine and maintain the event budget
- Coordinate and track registration – hosted on the CWR website/EventBrite application
- Event responsibilities – manage registration, provide technology support for presenters and conference emcee, conduct technology checks with presenters, and ensures all other required materials are in order. Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may come up. Provide onsite liaison with facility/location
- Ensure final invoices are received and submitted to CWR
- Prepare the conference final report – due one month after the event concludes
- Document and save all portfolio materials on Canada West Region portal
- Assist with other tasks and activities as required
- Must be available to attend in-person conference in October 2022 (most planning can be conducted remotely).
Benefits of volunteering
- Gain event planning, project management and leadership experience.
- Work with a dedicated and enthusiastic team to coordinate one of IABC Canada West Region’s signature events.
- Build connections with a great volunteer team and IABC board members from across Canada Western Region.
Respond with your resume to Roland Pajares, CMP, IABC Canada West Region, director, leadership development (firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply: March 17 (or when position is filled). Volunteer role officially starts in March 2023.
Priority will be given volunteer applicants that are also IABC members, however non-members will be considered based on experience and fit.