Be a part of something big!
IABC Canada recognizes the talented, professional communicators working across the country to influence best practices in the field of communications and public relations through the Silver Leaf Awards.
Silver Leaf is Canada’s premiere professional awards program celebrating excellence in business communication. It’s a chance for communicators working in all disciplines to receive national industry recognition for outstanding work in the field of communications. Many IABC Canada members view Silver Leaf as a stepping stone to IABC International’s awards program: Gold Quill.
About the positions
The Silver Leaf Awards Co-ordinators are key to making the awards process and member experience a positive one. The co-ordinator develops and implements marketing tools and content for the annual awards program, as well as act as the go-to contact for entrants and judges.
There are four Silver Leaf Awards Co-ordinator positions:
1) Communications Co-ordinator: (April – September 3-4 hours monthly)
- Updates and markets the call for entries. This includes co-ordinating and curating social media posts, updating IABC Canada website content and preparing the chapter marketing toolkit.
- Responds to / triages inquiries from members during the call for entries process.
- Communicates with the winners and judges. Serves as the key writer for the year (following easy-to-use templates).
2) Evaluation Co-ordinator: (4-5 hours monthly May – August)
- Prepares call for evaluators content, including the initial targeted email.
- Collects list of all judges, maintains spreadsheet of evaluators including contact information, chapter and location.
- Prepares and sends communication to evaluators about throughout the process, including:
- Information about training
- Notification of entry availability/instructions for evaluation
- Deadline reminders
- Ongoing support/responds to questions from evaluators
- Surveys evaluators at the end of the cycle
- Recommends course of action for future awards
3) Award Co-ordinator: (10 hours monthly August – September)
- Works with supplier to manage the trophy ordering, payment and delivery.
- Ensures all awards are shipped and orders correct.
4) Awardforce Platform Co-ordinator: (April – September 4-6 hours monthly)
- Serve as the survey tool expert (training available) and the support to post the awards, pull data and manage the electronic tool.
Reports to: National Programs Director, Canada East Region
Time required: Approx. April – September. The process is currently being revamped, so exact timing is to be determined. As part of the CER Board’s succession planning, there may be an opportunity available for one of the Silver Leaf Co-ordinators to succeed the National Programs Director, Canada East Region beginning July, 2019.
Qualifications: mid-level IABC member in good standing; ability to commit for the time required; ability to build consensus; team player; takes direction but strong ability to work independently without daily management; sense of humour; flexible; creativity and ability to think outside the box. Experience in social media best practices, familiarity with the Silver Leaf programs, and the ability to develop clear communications plans and process.
To apply, please contact: Julia Oosterman, Director, National Programs – IABC Canada East Region email@example.com